Thursday, July 3, 2008

Los Robertos

This is a restaurant that is well liked by our staff, but I never seem to enjoy it. Today I think I figured out why. We went to Los Robertos for lunch. I had a Machaca Burrito, which is my very favorite thing to order from Albertos. It was ok, but it had no spice, no depth of flavor. All the ingredients were there, but it had to be slathered in hot sauce to make it taste even remotely decent. Otherwise it was just ... bland.

And suddenly it clicked. I don't eat at Taco Bell, but lots of people do. There are a few restaurants in town that are very popular with the taco bell crowd, but I don't care for them. What they are missing is flavor. The places that do it right have complex flavors and the right amount of heat to make for a great meal. Los Robertos isn't one of those places. It's ok, the food is decent, but it is nothing to write home about. Which is exactly why some people like it, but not me.

Joel

No comments: